Older homes often have a certain charm to them, but they might lack many modern conveniences. Homeowners who purchase an older home that doesn’t have an air conditioning system might want to look into their options. A portable air conditioner could be a good choice, but they’ll need to consider the pros and cons before making a decision.
Pros for a Portable AC Unit
For many people, a portable air conditioner is a perfect solution to a home that doesn’t have an air conditioner already.
- Only Cools One Room – The portable air conditioner only cools one room at a time, which means it will often use less electricity compared to a whole-home HVAC system.
- Less Expensive Compared to HVAC Systems – An HVAC system is expensive to purchase and to maintain. Homeowners can save money on the initial cost of cooling their home if they purchase a portable air conditioner.
- Can be Moved to Where It’s Needed Easily – If the air conditioner is needed in another room, it can easily be moved to that room and set up again to start cooling the room quickly.
Cons for a Portable AC Unit
There are a few things a homeowner will want to consider before they purchase a portable air conditioner to ensure they’re not a dealbreaker.
- Only Cools One Room – Although this is listed as a pro, it can be a con as well. Since a portable air conditioner only cools one room, the homeowner might feel a big difference in the temperature in their home when they leave the room.
- Doesn’t Provide Heating Options – An HVAC system will include heating as well as air conditioning, but the portable air conditioner only cools the room.
- Can be Costly Compared to Other Options – While it is less expensive than an HVAC system, window units and other options might be more affordable if the homeowner is considering eventually purchasing an HVAC system for the home.
If you’re ready to purchase something to keep your home cool and you’d like to look into more of your options, learn more about Portable Air conditioners now. This might be an excellent option for your home and could help you keep the home as cool as possible whenever you need it.